How to bake a cake? Chocolate Cake

by - 11:06 PM

I always write an essay about How to bake a cake when I'm in primary school but I never try to bake a cake once in my life.. Hmm well, I guess I'm going to try how to bake a cake this time.. And even wanna feel the feeling while I am baking a cake.

I started by reading the ingredient list and directions before I begin. I see through youtube. They teach us a lot. It's important to have every ingredient you need ready to go. You don't want to be running to the grocery store during preparation. The final product can flop if a key ingredient is left out.

Step one : Be sure to have the correct size or shape of the pan. Bundt cakes require bundt pans, while others can be baked in a variety of sizes. You can also refer to a cake pan size table.


Step two : Have all ingredients at room temperature, unless the recipe directs otherwise. Key ingredients such as, sugar, eggs, flour, cocoa powder and water are typically stored at room temperature, while others such as butter and a bar of chocolate to be cold prior to using.


Step three : Remember to buy the right ingredients.. I'm using ...








Step four : Measure the ingredients as accurately as possible and add them in the order specified. Most cake recipes begin combining dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, cocoa, etc.), then adding wet ingredients (eggs, oil, and milk).


What I use to measure?

It's a cup! It is not a cup for us to drink hot milo, coffee or etc.. It's a cup that helps us to measure the ingredients. They provided the measure numbers like 2cups, 1/2, 1/4 and etc.


Step five : Heat the butter in the pot and mix it with a bar of chocolate which it had chopped into small size, water and sugar. Leave it for half an hour after it had done.


Step six: Fill in the eggs into the bowl


and mixed it with a hand mixer.


Half an hour later..
Step seven : Mix the chocolate with the eggs..


Step eight : Pour it evenly into the prepared pans. Fill the pans 2/3 of the way full, as the cake will rise during baking. Gently tap the cake pan on the counter top to release any large air bubbles in the batter.


Step nine : Preheat the oven to the required temperature from the recipe.




Step ten : Place the pans on the center rack of the preheated oven. Do not allow pans to touch each other or the oven wall. Close the oven door and immediately set a timer to the specified baking time.


Check for cake doneness. Gently insert a toothpick in the center of the cake. If it comes out clean or with a few small crumbs on it, the cake is done. If not, place it back in the oven for another 3-4 minutes. Keep testing for the same amount of time until you get the correct result.

Alright, it's done but I guess the cake does not looks perfectly :/

Telling myself, it is the first  time I bake a cake.. It would not 100% perfect so try for the next time =]]

I'm gonna try for the other time.. Pick Cheesecakes for the next mission, I guess.. I will post the video tutorial that I watched in youtube at Facebook. Like my page and see more infomation, quotes, images that I posted there. See ya..

You May Also Like

2 comments